Astro Aluminum Treating’s Quality System is AS9100 accredited and our Heat Treat processes are Nadcap AC7102 accredited. The Company has a long standing reputation in it’s chosen markets for outstanding quality and on-time delivery. Meeting our customers needs is always our first priority.
We have 10 Rockwell hardness testers and 2 Brinell testers for verifying the acceptability of each heat treatment performed. We also have 8 conductivity meters for eddy current testing. This onsite testing capability enables us to confirm that your parts comply to your end item specifications. All offsite metallurgical testing is performed by customer and Astro approved testing labs.
- Equipment is calibrated daily and serviced according to ASTM E18 and MIL-STD 1537.
- Certifications of test equipment are traceable to NIST and are available upon request.
- Furnaces and ovens are controlled and calibrated in accordance with AMS 2750.
- Rockwell Hardness Testing: Standard, Portable and Superficial
- Brinell Hardness Testing
- Electrical Conductivity Testing: Verimet M4900C and Hocking Autosigma 3000 testers
- pH meter: EcoTestr
- Furnace Survey Equipment: Yokogawa 40 channel Datalogger
- Instrument Calibration: Fluke Temperature Calibrator Model 724
- Furnace Temperature Recorders: Yokogawa GX20 (Paperless Recorder)
- Furnace Temperature Controllers: Yokogawa UT35A